Located in Oakland on the Fred Finch Youth Center campus adjacent to Bret Harte Middle School.
Rising Harte Wellness Center (RHWC) offers two medical exam rooms, one dental operatory, two counseling rooms, one nursing work station, one medical lab, and one group health education room wherein youth will receive:
• Free/low cost primary health care and sensitive services (for example, immunizations, birth control options, pregnancy testing, STI testing and treatment)
• Preventive services and dental examinations
• Adult and peer facilitated health education, recreation, and social programs
• Case management and linkage
• Screening for key risk factors such as sexual activity, substance use, depression, truancy, and social issues
• And more in a culturally competent, youth-friendly environment
Hours of operation
Summer Hours (June 16 – August 11)
Thursdays, 9am to 4pm
You can drop in on these days, but it is preferable that you make an appointment.
To make an appointment, contact our Program Specialist Doris Callejas at 510-485-5292.
To learn more about our work, contact Clinic Coordinator and Health Educator Ramses Munoz at 510-485-5380 or Senior Director Roger Daniels at 510-485-5243.
Getting to Rising Harte Wellness Center
Rising Harte Wellness Center is accessible by AC Transit lines at Coolidge Avenue and MacArthur Boulevard: 57, 58L, 643 (limited schedule), 657 (limited schedule), NL, and NX.
Click here or below for Google Maps directions to Rising Harte Wellness Center, located on the Fred Finch Youth Center campus.