Redefining & Reframing Substance Addiction & Troublesome Use for System Involved Youth
Time & Location
About the Event
Michele and Tory Ponsford
Many system involved youth are affected by addiction and/or troublesome use of substances. The past ideas and methods of addressing substance addiction/troublesome have been limited and therefore unsuccessful in long term recovery. There is a need to readdress the issue from a new prospective that encompasses a more diverse and inclusive methodology. Redefining and reframing substance addiction and troublesome use is necessary in order to provide a long term recovery plan as well as prevention awareness before addictive behaviors are established.
This course will redefine and reframe substance addictions and troublesome use in system involved youth. In this course we will examine the contributing issues of insecure attachment and toxic shame that leads to addiction/troublesome use. This course allows participants to learn how to support system involved youth to understand the underlying toxic shame and issues that lead to addictive behaviors as well as how to communicate to resolve these issues.
- Participants will learn a new integral approach to preventing and healing addiction and troublesome use in system involved youth.
- Participants will learn to introduce and implement an integral whole process to clients.
- Participants will explore discovering/rediscovering basic trust in life using techniques from an integral whole process as well as how to introduce these techniques to system involved youth.
- Participants will learn the difference between healthy shame versus toxic shame and how to communicate these concepts.
- Participants will practice techniques to heal toxic shame and begin to change addictive behaviors as well as how to implement these techniques.
- Participants will learn how to identify, respond to and communicate about underlining issues leading to addictive behaviors as well as how to implement these techniques.
12:00pm-12:55pm Overview of Addiction, redefining, reframing
12:55pm-1:05pm Break (CEUs will not be issued for this time)
1:05pm-1:55pm Addiction and unsecure attachment in SIY, Substitute Relationships
1:55pm-2:05pm Break (CEUs will not be issued for this time)
2:05pm-2:55pm Overview of Whole Process Healing of Addiction
2:55pm-3:05pm Break (CEUs will not be issued for this time)
3:05pm-3:50pm Healing Toxic Shame, healing unsecure attachment, grounding techniques,
3:50pm-4:00pm Question & Answers & Evaluations
Meet Our Trainers
Tory Ponsford is the Co-Founder of Evolution Consulting Firm. He brings over 25 years of professional experience to the team. His focus throughout his career has been primarily on Finance and Small Business Development. Over the last several years, Tory has developed his understanding of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and it’s importance in the business context. Tory specializes in teaching individuals how to develop Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and optimally utilize EQ development to improve overall professional performance. Working with leadership teams to integrate all aspects of business intelligence has been a key focus for Tory. Tory is a Certified Awakening Excellence Instructor with the Total Integration Institute.
Michele Ponsford is the Co-Founder of Evolution Consulting Firm. She has developed her career in the San Francisco Bay Area over the past 20 years. Her experience in Business Management has deepened her understanding of the value of breathing humanity and morality into business globally. Consulting with businesses to evolve into purpose driven entities has become her current passion. Michele specializes in teaching conscious business communication techniques, creating healthy business cultures & relationships as well as implementing core values into systems & operations. Michele is a Certified Awakening Excellence Instructor with the Total Integration Institute.
This course meets the qualifications for (3.5) BBS CEUs for LCSWs, LMFTs, LPCCs, and LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences & is provided by Fred Finch Youth Center, CAMFT Provider #045295.