Wed, Jan 13|
Deconstructing the Toxic Shame of Addiction in System Involved Youth
Time & Location
Jan 13, 2021, 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
About the Event
Michele & Tory Ponsford of Evolution Consulting
Addiction in System Involved Youth has become a major contributor to the obstacles we face while advocating for this struggling population. Healing addiction becomes possible using an integral whole process including healing the toxic shame behind addiction. By helping System Involved Youth to change behaviors, belief systems and choices that choose healthy shame over toxic shame using techniques to heal toxic shame this obstacle becomes less of a barrier for caregivers and advocates. This course allows caregivers and advocates to reframe and redefine addiction in System Involved youth by bringing awareness to the issues beyond absence including a toxic shame belief system. By teaching clients how to identify and respond to underlying issues beyond the addictive behaviors and by using techniques to introduce elements of an integral whole process we begin to heal addiction in System Involved Youth.
This course will define and identify the opportunity to choose a healthy context versus a dysfunctional context and how it is possible to introduce and implement a whole process context to System Involved Youth clients by discovering/rediscovering basic trust in life using techniques from a therapeutic integral whole process.
- Participants will learn to define and identify the opportunity to choose an integral whole process versus a dysfunctional context.
- Participants will learn to introduce and implement an integral whole process context to System Involved Youth clients.
- Participants will explore discovering/rediscovering basic trust in life using techniques from an integral whole process.
- Participants will learn the difference between healthy shame versus toxic shame.
- Participants will explore how to change behaviors and choices that choose healthy shame over toxic shame.
- Participants will practice techniques to heal toxic shame.
- Participants will explore reframing and redefining addiction in System involved youth by bringing awareness to the issues beyond absence including a toxic shame belief system.
- Participants will learn techniques to heal addiction using integral whole process including healing toxic shame.
- Participants will learn how to teach clients to identify and respond to underlining issues beyond addictive behaviors.
12:00pm - 12:55pm Overview of Dysfunctional Context and Healthy Context.
12:55pm - 1:05pm Break (CEUs will not be issued for this time)
1:05pm- 1:55pm Exploring the Toxic Shame vrs Healthy Shame
1:55pm - 2:05pm Break (CEUs will not be issued for this time)
2:05pm - 2:55pm Redefine and Reframing Addiction
2:55pm - 3:05pm Break (CEUs will not be issued for this time)
3:05pm - 3:50pm Overview of strategies and practices for healing toxic shame and addiction
3:50pm - 4:00pm Question & Answers & Evaluations
Meet Our Trainers
Tory Ponsford is the Co-Founder of Evolution Consulting Firm. He brings over 25 years of professional experience to the team. His focus throughout his career has been primarily on Finance and Small Business Development. Over the last several years, Tory has developed his understanding of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and it’s importance in the business context. Tory specializes in teaching individuals how to develop Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and optimally utilize EQ development to improve overall professional performance. Working with leadership teams to integrate all aspects of business intelligence has been a key focus for Tory. Tory is a Certified Awakening Excellence Instructor with the Total Integration Institute.
Michele Ponsford is the Co-Founder of Evolution Consulting Firm. She has developed her career in the San Francisco Bay Area over the past 20 years. Her experience in Business Management has deepened her understanding of the value of breathing humanity and morality into business globally. Consulting with businesses to evolve into purpose driven entities has become her current passion. Michele specializes in teaching conscious business communication techniques, creating healthy business cultures & relationships as well as implementing core values into systems & operations. Michele is a Certified Awakening Excellence Instructor with the Total Integration Institute.
This course meets the qualifications for (3.5) BBS CEUs for LCSWs and MFTs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences & is provided by Fred Finch Youth Center, CAMFT Provider #045295.