Thu, Jun 16|
Learning Skills to Press "Reset" in Stressful, Traumatic Times to Improve Outcomes for System Involved Youth
Time & Location
Jun 16, 2022, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM PDT
About the Event
Everyone shared the occurrence the global pandemic but we did not all share the same experience of it. Those that support system involved youth and families carried the stress of the pandemic along with their personal stressors WHILE they continued to hold space for system involved youth and families they support. This interactive training contains didactic and interactive elements to introduce or emphasize the importance of implementing strategies to circumvent the harmful effects of complex trauma will will help improve outcomes for system involved youth and families.
1. Learn the connection between complex stress and trauma and how this uniquely may impact system involved youth and families.
2. Discover and discuss how stress impacts the body.
3. Gain knowledge about the importance of self-prioritization so that this can be taught to system involved youth and families.
4. Learn skills for establishing and communicating clear, healthy boundaries with the aim of avoiding being retraumatized.
10:10-10:40am Mental Wellness and the Pandemic
10:40-11:10am Is it Stress or is it Trauma?
11:10am-12pm Somatic Stress/Trauma (How stress impacts the body)
12-12:15pm Break (No CEUs will be offered for this time)
12:15-1pm Me, Myself, and I (How to focus on yourself in a world that demands all your focus)
1-1:30pm Cultivating Wellness for You and the System Involved Youth you support
1:30-2pm Conveying Your Wellness Needs
Meet Our Trainer
Akua's work as project manager, program manager, and administrative staff in corporate and non-profit settings, has given her unique insight into the experience of burnout, overwhelm, and exhaustion in professional settings. Her background in inner-self coaching, ministry to marginalized communities, and doctoral work in Traumatology Counseling has informed her training experience for over 10 years. Akua passionately facilitates trainings and coaches her clients because she desires to help people realize life satisfaction through purpose fulfillment.
· Certified Health & Wellness Coach
· Certified Leadership Coach
· Certified Life Coach
· Certified Wellness Recovery Action Planning Advanced Level Facilitator
· Senior Professional Career Coach
· Bachelor of Science, Human Services Management
· Master of Arts, Human Services Counseling
· Master of Arts, Human Development (expected 5/2022)
· Doctor of Philosophy, Human Development w/ concentration in Traumatology Counseling (expected 1/2023)
This course meets the qualifications for (3.75) BBS CEUs for LCSWs, LMFTs, LPCCs, and LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences & is provided by Fred Finch Youth Center, CAMFT Provider #045295.