Mon, Feb 27|
An Overview of Teen Dating Violence for Social Service Providers
Nicole Klasey, Psy.D.
Time & Location
Feb 27, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM PST
About the Event
Nicole Klasey, Psy.D.
Unfortunately teen dating violence is common so it’s imperative that social service providers, school educators and parents/caregivers are aware of the issue. This training will provide an overview of teen dating violence including risk factors, warning signs, and strategies to prevent and address team violence in order to improve outcomes for system involved youth. The training will include large and small group discussion, lecture and video clips.
1. Participants will be able to identify 1 characteristic of teen dating violence.
2. Participants will be able to identify one strategy to prevent teen dating violence with system involved youth.
3. Participants will be able to identify one strategy to intervene when a system involved teen is in a violent relationship.
1:00pm-1:15pm Introduction and welcome
1:15pm-2:45pm Teen dating violence overview
· Defining teen dating violence
· Prevalence of teen dating violence
· Warning signs of an abusive relationship
· Risk factors for teen dating violence
2:45pm-3:00pm Break (CE hours will not be offered for this time)
3:00pm-4:45pm Impact of teen dating violence & strategies to support system-involved teens
· Social, emotional and academic impact
· Prevention and intervention strategies
· Talking with parents about teen dating violence
4:45pm-5:00pm Closing and Wrap-up
Meet Our Trainers
Nicole Klasey is a clinical psychologist who has worked with trauma survivors for 14 years. She currently consults with agencies on trauma-informed care, programming for commercially sexually exploited youth, vicarious trauma, and leadership development. Nicole has been training multidisciplinary audiences on trauma-related topics since 2015 and provides guest lectures at local universities on human trafficking.
This course meets the qualifications for (3.75) BBS CE Hours for LCSWs, LMFTs, LPCCs, and LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences & is provided by Fred Finch Youth Center, CAMFT Provider #045295.