Tue, Dec 12|
Identifying and Fostering Resilience in System Involved Youth, Their Families and Their Communities
Time & Location
Dec 12, 2023, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM PST
About the Event
As more providers are learning about trauma and becoming trauma-informed, it’s crucial to not only focus on trauma but equally important to focus on resilience. Resilience impacts how individuals respond and recover from trauma. This training will provide an overview of resilience as well as ways to identify and foster resilience with system-involved youth, their families and their communities.
· Participants will be able to explain the concept of resilience and the importance of supporting resilience with system involved youth and families.
· Participants will be able to identify at least one example of resilience in individuals who have encountered trauma.
· Participants will be able to identify at least one example of resilience in families who have encountered trauma.
9:15-10:45am Identifying resilience
· Defining resilience
· Self-reflection on resilience
· Resilience vs post-traumatic growth
· Resilience theory
· Cultural understanding of resiliency
· Cultural resilience examples with families
10:45-11:00am Break (CE hours will not be offered for this time)
11:00am-12:45pm Fostering resilience
· Individual factors
· Family factors
· Community factors
· Latinx families and resilience
· African Americans and resilience
· What we can do
12:45-1:00pm Closing and Wrap-up
Meet Our Trainer
Nicole Kelly is a clinical psychologist who has worked with trauma survivors for 14 years. She currently consults with agencies on trauma-informed care, programming for commercially sexually exploited youth, vicarious trauma, and leadership development. Nicole has been training multidisciplinary audiences on trauma-related topics since 2015 and provides guest lectures at local universities on human trafficking.
This course meets the qualifications for (3.75) BBS CE hours for LCSWs, LMFTs, LPCCs, and LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences & is provided by Fred Finch Youth Center, CAMFT Provider #045295.