The Fred Finch Youth Center Internship Program provides hands-on experience and training.
We provide each intern with:
- Unique real world experience that enhances classroom learning
- Individual supervision and mentoring
- Group supervision and peer support
- An introduction to government-funding requirements
- The opportunity to work as a team
- A chance to learn from the youth and families that teach us every day
- Practice conducting assessments, creating treatment plans and providing treatment of youth/young adults and/or families
- Opportunities to become acquainted with a wide variety of programs
For the educational institution we provide:
- The supervision, reports and requirements of the internship
- Guidance to ensure learning experiences critical to future practice
- Effective levels of supervision, support and mentoring by professional staff
Clinical internships are designed for students completing degrees toward an MFT or LCSW. The number of interns varies among FFYC service sites, depending on the number of licensed staff. Applications for clinical internships at Fred Finch Youth Center can be submitted here.
Management and Planning Internships are also available. These internships have a focus on program project and agency management for those pursuing a Master’s degree in Social Work. Applications for Management and Planning Internships can be submitted here.
If you are seeking a post-graduate internship, please consult our Job Opportunities page for paid positions.